Charles Goddard’s experience:
Charles Goddard has wide experience of advising on a range of corporate and finance transactions. His clients range from multinational blue-chip institutions to private individuals. The transactions on which he has advised include corporate M&A deals, real estate transactions, joint ventures, financing transactions (including Islamic finance, structured finance and leasing), and insolvency and restructuring deals. His experience includes advising:
- A major UK bank on the structured disposal of over £1bn UK debt into a fund structure, with securitised debt finance.
- The purchaser of shares in a trading company for cash and an earn-out.
- An individual selling shares in a major UK retail chain to private equity for cash and a minority equity interest.
- A UK REIT on the sale of a London mixed use development property to an overseas investor.
- A UK lessor on a “short funding lease” structure with an overseas lessee for the financing of plant and machinery.
- The management of a high street retail chain in relation to their participation in a management buy-out.
- A US private equity group on its bid for the purchase of a UK and European hotel chain.
- A UK real estate investor on a joint venture for development of a landmark London mixed use development.
- On a fund structure for investment by UK investors into European real estate assets.
- On the structuring of a European debt fund.
- A major UK bank on its real estate debt enforcement and restructuring programme.
- The seller of shares on a claim by the purchaser under a tax covenant.